Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Teddybear Lady

Originally Posted by smm06 View Post
Here are pictures of the quilt. I still have to add a 2" pieced square border, 2" brown border, and 4" green border. Then planned to send out for quilting.

The colors are colors that match with their house and decor, which my husband picked out for them. Also, I made a smaller verison of this quilt as a throw that they told me they really liked the pattern, so I guess I didn't think twice about them not liking the design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]298704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]298705[/ATTACH]

The reason I could not have it completed before Christmas was that we moved twice this past year. The second time just before Thanksgiving. During the moves, most of my quilting stuff was packed in storage, which they helped move.

I can honestly say I wasn't hoping for jumping up and down or any kind of praise. I think mostly I was just looking for a smile (which by the way I didn't get).

Your quilt is beautiful. I think some people just don't realize how much of ourselves we put into making a quilt. I made one for my brother this Christmas and he said it made him feel special. That's all I needed to hear. He said it would look great in his den. That's where they spend most of their time and that's where all the mounted deer heads are. The quilt I made had deer panels on it. I told him each pucker was a kiss from his older sister.

Try not to let this get you down. You did a great job on your quilt. All of us here on the quilting board think you did a wonderful job.