Thread: Pots and Pans
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Dawn227

Good morning,
I also have those pans. I bought mine in 1982 or 1983 you are right time does fly!
I have added pieces to mine throught garage sales. I got my 12 big fry pan for 10.00. Most of the pans bottoms are pretty tarnishes but throught time and elbow grease they do come back to at least looking like copper.

Happy New Year!
Dawn

If I do replace mine (and have thought about it) I would buy Stainless steel and that way I could pput them in dishwasher.

Originally Posted by Lisanne View Post
I have some copper-bottomed Revereware pots and pans that I bought in the early 1990s. Wow, it really shocked me when I realized they're over 20 years old - how time flies!

I really hate to replace them, because they're in fine shape, but it looks like the insides have worn down to the copper. They still cook just fine, but I'm worried about the copper leaching into the food and into me. High copper levels in the blood can cause health problems, and I don't need more of those!

Any recommends? The company that makes Revereware is gone, and I'm not willing to buy refurbished or replicas via the web. Definitely NO non-stick and NO aluminum cookware for me. I'd like to stay with stainless steel, copper-bottomed pots but would consider all-stainless. I've been shopping around and haven't liked anything I've seen. The ones I'm seeing all have odd, clunky, uncomfortable handles.

I bought a saucepan at Wegman's (upscale East Coast supermarket chain with a full section of kitchen supplies) to try it out. I like the pot well enough, except that the handle is so long and heavy, the pot tips over. Talk about hazardous!

I've been to Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, JC Penney, Target and Wal-mart. I guess I'm hoping there's a lesser-known brand out there, or I may end up at the dollar store getting nameless Third World pots.