Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 AM
raptureready

Grandma and Grandpa had a fifty year anniversary---people bearing gifts of beautiful towels, sheets, blankets plus the usual useless "50 Year Anniversary" plates came from all over. After the celebration Grandma packed everything away to save as the "good" stuff to use "someday". Mom got a magic marker and a roll of masking tape. She started writing "Josie" and "Bonnie" on the tape, tearing it off and sticking it on all Grandma's new towels, sheets and blankets. Grandma shrieked, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING????" Mom replied, "These things will still be new when you die so I'm picking out what I want now and trust me, I'll use them." Grandma ripped the tape off and said, "Oh no, if you're just planning on using them anyway I'll use them first after all, they're mine." Mom laughed to herself--mission accomplished.

I recently made a zebra and bright pink baby quilt for a girl at church. Her mother said, "Oh that's too pretty to use, you should hang it on the wall of her room. I told her that I'd made it with the intent of her using it to wrap her baby in but it was her gift and she should use it in a way that would make her most happy.
Attached Thumbnails pc240246.jpg  

Last edited by raptureready; 12-31-2011 at 06:35 AM.