View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Ps 150

Default We Swore We Wouldn't Get Another Dog...

...until we stopped homeschooling and I had less on my plate--since I'm ALWAYS the one who gets stuck with the pet care, regardless of who the pet belongs to. It's a little difficult to give a dog enough attention and care when you're homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, doing lesson plans and of course, quilting/sewing/crafting. And, our last dog bit our youngest daughter in the hand--the daughter who has a medical condition that has serious consequences for hand injuries. Finding a new home for that dog broke my oldest DD's heart since it was her dog, but she knew it was for the best. All this made me very leery about getting another one. Then my wonderful brother (said with dripping sarcasm) told my DD about a friend who had inherited his mother's dogs and since there was 8 of them in their house now, they would have to put some of them down if they couldn't find homes. I'm a sucker for rescue pets. I just can't bear to put down a pet for such a poor reason.

That's how Bitsy came into our lives. All the pets we have ever had have been rescued pets, except for two. We initially said no, but our oldest, age 9, came to us with a plan to take full responsibility. She assure us that she would bathe the tiny dog, clean up any messes, walk her and feed/water her. When she found out what was going to happen to this pup (only 6 months old!), her heart began to break all over again. We couldn't stand that so now we are dog owners again. So far, so good. She definitely a lap dog and sleeps most of the day. My only complaints are that we were told she was house broken, which she's not, and she whines when we have to ignore her to do school.

The picture of her with my oldest DD was when she first came to us a few days ago and she was very nervous. The other picture is of her, in her glory, owning the couch beside DH.
Attached Thumbnails bitsy-1.jpg   001.jpg  

Last edited by Ps 150; 01-02-2012 at 07:23 PM.