View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
GailG

I am in total agreement with you. I'm afraid we have bred a generation of button pushers who are oblivious of their surroundings. I don't know if they realize (even, and especially adults, who are always in connection with their electronic toys, be it phones or other things) just how rude it is to be in the company of others and corresponding with someone on "the other end." I feel so insulted when someone's phone rings -- or whatever sounds or music alerts them --and they continue this long chatty conversation while I'm waiting. What would be the harm of saying "Can I return your call when I'm available to talk?" Every Sunday morning, when the commentator makes this announcement: "Please turn off all cell phones or other electronic devices and refrain from text messaging during this time of prayer." I think how absurd our population in general has become that we have to be reminded to use good manners. And still, phones can be heard sounding off. Ohhh, this is a sore subject with me. Sorry for the vent.

It's too bad that these fortunate children will miss the chance of a lifetime because their parents will abide by their wishes and not back you up on this.

Last edited by GailG; 01-03-2012 at 02:09 PM.