View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by suebee View Post
She is adorable!! what a face!! I swear by Kennel training. Maybe get a kennel she could go into when you are doing your lessons. Everyone in the family has to be very consistant with comands. She probably is nervouse and once she get used to you all, she will be fine. Our dogs loved their kennels when they were puppies, all we would have to say is "kennel up"" and they would go right in there (with a treat of course for reassurance they are a good dog for obeying) good luck!!
Thanks! We also swear by kennel training. All of our dogs have been kennel trained since we normally get big dogs. And big dogs tend to chew so we crate them at night. We also find kennel training helps with the housebreaking process. She's not used to one so she whines all morning before recess. In the afternoon she seems to nap so that's good. It's heartbreaking but I think it will be better in the long run if she gets into our schedule quickly. In nicer weather she'll be able to stay outside in a pen during school but I doubt even that will help. She whines even at night, before we go to bed when she's still running around but DD is in bed. She just keeps staring at DD's door and whining, lol. Fast friends!