View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
AI use to see there was one class of milk or juice left in the container and I didn't take it thinking the kids or DH may want it. How many times did I see them pour the last glass and never once think I or anyone else may want it? Not one time!
That is EXACTLY what happens in my house too. I always offer the last bite/sip/piece to my DS and DH. But hey NEVER do the same for me. And I really hate it when I have something - he asks for a bite/drink and finishes it!!!!!

I also have the problem that I buy something at the grocery store and forget about it for a couple of days. When I do remember that I bought it, it is ALWAYS gone. EEEGGGHHHH!!!!! At least my DS is more like me than DH. He always asks if anyone else wants it before her takes it.

I was able to find a real deal on Fiskars blades (60 45mm for $45 including shipping which means they cost about 75 cents each. When I am starting a new project that is a good size, I always replace the blade and my sewing machine needle. I just figure the cost of the blade and needle in the cost of the quilt. I do save the blades when I change them. I use them for batting and other cutting until they start skipping. Then they are taped to a piece of cardboard and trashed. I am like everyone else - it is so great having a new blade/needle that I wonder why I don't do it more often - that is why I started changing them for each new big project. Our quilts so much in fabric and other supplies that it just makes sense to make things easier on me if possible.