View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:41 AM
emsgranny

Default I Feel sooo bad...

My two grandkids received I spy quilts from their future grandma - when I first saw them I immediately checked out the sewing. There were a few puckers in the backing and the binding wasnt quite right. Geez I cant believe I was being so critical!!!!

My grandkids were so happy and as I watched them play I Spy on the quilt - I realized it didnt matter to them and that I shouldnt have been so critical - However in my defense I didnt express any of the negative thoughts out loud!!!

I think I was just jealous of the fact that the "other" grandma beat me to the punch. I have been under the weather for awhile now and havent done any sewing. I wanted to be the one to give the grandkids a similiar quilt!!!!

This is my apology...I feel so bad that I was so judgmental on your quilting techniques. I realize now that I am just thrilled that you would take my daughter and grandkids under your wing and let them feel your acceptance and love. I just want you to know how grateful I am to know that if I am not around that they will have grandparents that will give them unconditional love.

My promise to to you is to try to be a better person and not be so critical. I now see the quilts in a whole different light - the kids have opened my eyes!!! Thanks goodness.

I still feel bad even if you and anyone else werent aware of my critical thoughts - I am ashamed of my behavior-Who am I to evaluate the quilt techniques - like mine are so perfect lol I was a jealous person and I will do my very best to keep my thoughts at bay.

Thanks for letting me vent - I sure hope you all will "call" me on that type of behavior in the future. You have actually given me the inspiration to start sewing again - I now realize that I dont have to so precise - its the thought that really counts - THANKS!!!!