Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have been doing one with a group every year since 2005---and decided that this past year was my last---for awhile anyway---
it has become so expensive to participate= and our quilts seem to be held up in customs for months-putting everything behind-my 2011 rr was supposed to be done last August- i am still waiting on it- and think it still has 2 rounds to go before i get it---and in 2011 it cost me almost $150 in shipping charges---it has just become (tooooo much) i do have to say though the quilts i have from the rr's are FABULOUS! i love them all-and it is hard for me to decide i'm done for a while- but i've decided to just do one with friends in our sewing group- keep it local where we can exchange our rr's at monthly meetings- and not deal with the postal system or Customs.
good luck to any of you who find a group and decide to jump in---they are wonderful to participate in! just be prepared- it is a commitment- and not a cheap one. be sure you are ready to follow through- and that you can afford to.