Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I am interested in doing an international roundrobin!?! >

I am interested in doing an international roundrobin!?!

I am interested in doing an international roundrobin!?!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 AM

If y'all find one, let me know!!!

M.I.Late - you aren't that far from me!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM

I think you need to find someone willing to host it, and contact PatriceJ about it.
The guidelines for swaps can be found
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

The last round robin was huge, with I think 14 groups, each of 6 people. It would take someone super organised to run one. Its easy to sign up to a IRR, but commiting to one when you don't know how life will pan out over the next year can be tricky. A lot end up running behind schedule because of work, kids, illness etc, and the organiser or group point person would need to motive or help people who were having problems. Theres usually been 2 months between rounds, to include posting, which sounds like a lot, but its strange how fast that can go.

That said, now I've finished all I need to for the last ones I was in I think I'd like to do another ;-) I've done 5 now, 4 of them on this board, and they are great fun and very rewarding. It can be challenging to think outside your comfort zone, working with colours or styles that you wouldn't usually use.

The other way to possibly organise one would be to PM a few people on here and see if you can find 5 other people interested, and see if you could organise one off the main board, rather than publically ask for sign ups.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

i have been doing one with a group every year since 2005---and decided that this past year was my last---for awhile anyway---
it has become so expensive to participate= and our quilts seem to be held up in customs for months-putting everything behind-my 2011 rr was supposed to be done last August- i am still waiting on it- and think it still has 2 rounds to go before i get it---and in 2011 it cost me almost $150 in shipping charges---it has just become (tooooo much) i do have to say though the quilts i have from the rr's are FABULOUS! i love them all-and it is hard for me to decide i'm done for a while- but i've decided to just do one with friends in our sewing group- keep it local where we can exchange our rr's at monthly meetings- and not deal with the postal system or Customs.
good luck to any of you who find a group and decide to jump in---they are wonderful to participate in! just be prepared- it is a commitment- and not a cheap one. be sure you are ready to follow through- and that you can afford to.