View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
cmrenno

I go into my Word Program and write what I want my label to say. I use the font Bradley Hand. I arrange the words so that they fit in the right amount of space. When it is just to my liking (Usually I can get three or four versions on a sheet of paper) I print it out (onto regular paper!) Then I pick out a piece of fabric such as muslin or white fabric and cut out a piece that will be a couple of inches bigger that the "printout" I have made. I then iron a piece of freezer paper to the back of my fabric piece. I lay my "printout" onto a light box or tape it to a window and tape the fabric over the "printout." I then trace over the words with a Pigma permanent marker. Then I remove the freezer paper and trim the fabric so that it is an inch or so border all the way around. I then layer it (right sides tegether with lighweight interfacing or a dryer sheet. Sew all the way around with a 1/4" seam allowence. Cut a slit in just the interfacing and turn it right side out. Press. Trim away most of the interfacing and sew it to the back of your quilt. Most people are amazed at how nice my "handwriting" is!! Don't forget to Spellcheck before printing your printout!
Attached please find an example of one of these labels!
Attached Thumbnails darcy-claires-anniversay-party-015.jpg