View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
deemail

trim points and skinny pcs....set aside...
is the pc more than 1/4 yd? put back in stash, after trimming points and pcs
is the pc less than 1/4 yd? cut as many 2.5" strips (whatever length) as possible (my strips are color sorted into pizza boxes, ready to use), put leftovers with the points and pcs
put all points and pcs in a pile and slice with rotary cutter over and over to produce confetti, put in that color baggie and store for later or for your kids or for a friend who does do confetti quilts..

this method has 2 distinct benefits for me...when i want to make a small gift or go to a class, i just pull 2 or 3 pizza boxes and the colors are all the right size and color sorted for me.... and IF a pc is on my stash shelves, i KNOW it has to be more than 1/4 yd, so no opening up a scrap to find there is 6inches there with big whacks out of it... so saves time... i put all scraps into bankers box at end of table till project is done, then trim, strip, confetti, fold and put away AFTER i know i won't need one more pc... if i start another project, i use another banker's box...no combining...too difficult to find if i need something...