View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Jim's Gem

butterflywing said:
"sounds good. here's another possibility. since you did some work on this and you obviously have more purple left, you could surround everything with another purple border to 'frame' it. that border could be thin again. at that point you have to do something interesting so the quilt doesn't look like it's all border. you could navajo strip it with shades of green, even though they may not be the same greens, on a lavender ground, because that's fast work and fills borders. if you still have enough, i would bind off in the same purple. otherwise, i would choose lavender to stay within the purple family. your design is very geometric and any geometric design on the border would be good looking."

What is a navajo strip! I'm not familiar with that term? I have some more greens, just not all the same ones. I do have lots of the dark purple, and had planned on binding it in the purple (I like contrasting bindings)
I probably have more of most of the lt purples that are in the blocks.
Fortunately when I place the quilt top on the bed, the design as is comes over the sides of the mattress. I just have one of those really deep mattresses and I need it to cover the top couple inches of the box springs to come down to the oak sides at the bottom.