View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Denise S

I bought a Juki TL2010Q (newer model of the 98) this past November for $900. It is AWESOME! I made 10 rag quilts and pieced 2 twin size quilts for Christmas. There is no way I could have done all of that in such a short amount of time without the Juki. It is so smooth and so fast! I have yet to learn to FMQ now that the holidays are over. I was able to go there and try it out for 4 hours. I also tried the Janome 1600p, but I liked the Juki better for a few reasons...a couple being of them being I found so many great reviews on this board and other sites and I love the way it looks (metal as opposed to plastic..I know it sounds silly).

I would say your top 3 choices would be between the Juki TL2010Q, Janome 1600p, and the Brother PQ1500S. I am sure they are all comparable to each other as far as being great high-speed-straight-stitch machines.

I was ready to purchase my Juki on line, but then I found a place about 1 1/2 hours from me, so I took the drive. It was well worth it to see it in person and actually sew on it. Good luck in your search and let us know what machine you buy and how you like it!