View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
junegerbracht

Originally Posted by AnnieF View Post
I use Warm and White for my hand quilting and machine quilting. It holds together well, is warm when I need it to be and when I made a floor quilt for my new grandson, I doubled the batting so I could make it cushy for when he was crawling. The last time I went to JoAnn's to buy the Warm & White, I noticed it had gone up $2.00 a yard in price. I usually buy 12 to 15 yards so the price even with a coupon was an issue. I saw that the 100% cotton Pellon product which looked and almost felt like Warm and White was $3 cheaper a yard so I gave it a go. I have never been more disappointed in a product....it was pilling on my quilt top before I finished machine quilting it. I used it up on unimportant quilt tops but will not buy it again.
I too saw the 100% cotton Pellon batting at Joann's on sale and decided to give it a try - as you say it pilled all over my quilt top and I spent alot of time with a sticky tape roller getting it off. I usually use Warm and Natural but am thinking of trying Hobbs 80/20 after reading what others say about it.