View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
QuiltedCritterLady

Smile Help with creative design?

Hi all, I am planning to make a quilt to be raffled off, as part of a fundraiser for my DH's National Guard Unit. I plan to include some blocks depicting things that are specific to the unit and to Arizona, e.g., the minuteman, a scorpion, state flag, state flower, state bird, etc. I want this to be a quilt that a person would want to display in their home. You know what I mean, I want it to be pretty. I am picturing random blocks in different sizes with sashing in between and coordinating border. Red, white and blue are the obvious colors of patriotism, but I want this to be used/displayed. So, I am thinking of more neutral colors ... or, maybe it should just have lots of colors?

Because you are all sew creative, I thought I'd see if anyone has made anything like this, (if so, a picture would be fabulous) or if any of you have any suggestions on color, setting, or even a pattern that would lend itself to what I am trying to achieve. Any and all ideas much appreciated. Please let me know your thoughts. I don't even know what size I should make this. Thanks!!