View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I experienced a similar life experience and I offer this wisdom.

I had arthritis of the lower spine with bone spurs in my hips. But I put off and put off seeing an orthopedic surgeon until I was in such pain that my daily life was seriously affected and I was on narcotic pain pills every day.

Finally, years late, I was scheduled for total hip replacement which I had this past November. In less than four weeks I was virtually pain free in that hip, a miracle. That improved my spirits so much that I am starting a new little part-time job, and that will improve my income a little for play funds.

Sometimes when you don't feel good you don't even realize how much that is affecting every part of your mood and life. Go see a doctor. Get a plan for solving some of the issues. Then decide what you want to do, can do, will allow to be done, to help.

Your mother's body is not your body; you have her genes not her whole body/persona. How you handle your problems is and will be different than how she deals with hers. Handle the physical parts of your life that require professional help and then get on to dealing with attitude and spirit.

Best to you in this endeavor.

Jan in VA

Last edited by Jan in VA; 01-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.