Old 01-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Bobby_Jo

Originally Posted by Dande413 View Post
I love sales. Where do you live?
Very far from you Don't want to say more, because I don't want this thread to be shut down by making it seem like I'm soliciting/spamming.

You wont make any money reselling fabric unless you are buying at a wholesale level and manage to sell slightly above that amount. I retired from IRS and there is little to know about such sales, except that personal losses are not deductible and only the net recieved over the cost is in any way taxable and it is not likely you will receive anywhere near the amount you paid for it. ("I did pay quilt a bit for it.")
I'm not expecting to make money from it, just hopefully recoup my costs. I have no wish to make this into a business, because storing this much fabric is a pain in the behind!! But I could only buy it all as a lot, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy it, because there was some incredible fabric in it, from places like Moda, Northcott, RJR/Thimbleberries, Hoffman, etc. My own stash is quite amazing now, after having picked out what I want But yeah, the ideal would be to make back what I paid for the lot as a whole, although I realize that may simply not be possible.