Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever held (or been to) a fabric yard sale? >

Have you ever held (or been to) a fabric yard sale?

Have you ever held (or been to) a fabric yard sale?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kittykatz2001 View Post
Do you know of any quilt guilds in your area? Look for them online. Contact them and ask if they would be interested. If there is more than one guild, ask them all. You could hold a private sale only for quilters. We know the value of fabric. I'm afraid at a yard sale that people would not pay what it's worth.
I inherited 2 volvo travellers FULL of q/fabric, I took it to quilt guilds ,sold at under 1/2 price bought and made over £1.000 for US dog rescue.
Yard /boot sales ,stuff goes for peanuts, I bought the MOST divine q/fabric for £1 44x 80 inches.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes I've been to a quilters sale before. It was after our big quilt show. Someone had place a flyer on the windshield of my car and all the other cars in the parking lot. The sale was held in the basement of a ladies house. She was closing out a quilt shop and had tons a stuff. Her prices were @ $4 to $5 per meter. It was well attended, she also had an add in the local paper. Make sure to call it a quilters sale and let people know ahead of time the prices per yard will be.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 PM

Our local quilt shop has a yard sale day. You pay for the table space and she also takes a small cut. Also may consider signing up to be a vender at any local quilt shows. You could command a higher price rhan a yard sale..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 PM

Something you might check into is a local guild that is having a quilt show. some have fund raisers for the show, and will accept some fabrics that are quilt related. You put a price on it, and the guild gets so much from the sale, and you get the rest. Like consignment. Not all do this. There are trunk sales alot of places. There again your foot traffic may not be quilters. Some guilds also have these as fund raisers.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:25 PM

I have bought fabric at many yard sales - usually where a quilter had to go to assisted living. Got some great buys. Also, our local Senior Center gets a lot of fabric donations.