View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Lucia

Hi Marilyn
Yes, the book is still available, at list you can buy it from the used book sellers at Amazon.com. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0881959456/sr=8-1/qid=1171723981/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1/002-0903866-6052006?ie=UTF8&s=books

I would say yes to the other questions. Let’s see if I can give you an example:
If you have the pattern for a queen size quilt A, and you want to make a twin size B:

A---you know you need 1 yd to cut 110 X 3” squares
If for B you only need 55 X 3” squares (you will need to cut 55 X 3 1/5” for seem allowances) the chart shows you will need only 1/2 yd of the same fabric.
I am going to “try” to scan (I am not so good at this stuff…) the book’s table of contents for you to give you an idea of what is included.
You still have some math to do, like the total of how many of squares or triangles do you need for the number of blocks for your size; then you see how much you need to buy.
Or:
You want exact the same pattern with the same amount of blocks, but you want to make them smaller to fit the twin size. You can see the yardage you need through one of the charts.
I do not know if I am able to explain it well; I would say you need to look at the book and see if it makes sense to you. I know some people do not understand charts or road maps … some thing I do well… So, do not know what to tell you.
Good luck
Lucia