View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam View Post
Seeing all the responses I don't feel so strange!! I really need the space of the larger room, I don't like the cramped working areas and there's a walk-in closet that I could put some shelving units in for storage. I'm going to do it!! I'll measure tonight about where the sewing and cutting table can go and I can finally make the large pressing surface that I got some canvas for.
two things... buy that nice heavyweight shelving (for garages) that just has uprights that get screwed onto the wall...then the shelves are adjustable with really heavy brackets... it will not only hold all the weight you need to store things on... but if you had to revert to a master bedroom, it would not be more than a few minutes to do... secondly, you mentioned a larger pressing surface... i saw this online recently and thought it was such a good idea that i made one the next day... the large board (like the ones that fit on your ironing board).... was just put on top of a small 3 drawer dresser (I had a 2 door cabinet) and then there is plenty of support under the pressing area and storage instead of legs under it. my ironing board is folded up into my closet, just in case i need it, but so far, have not. just wanted you to share what i considered to be a better pressing area than the 'board on ironing board' choice.