Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 AM
petpainter

I have the black out verticals in my sewing room window, but they have the tunnels on the sides that hold fabric or wall paper. Therefore, I have a fancy valance and sides on the window with the fabric in the verticals looking like the fabric was never cut on the inside. Nobody can ever figure it out! The window is pretty large and in the front of the house, so I can open it all the way during the day, but have total privacy at night.
Of course verticals aren't as popular these days, but when I did my Art Studio-it is ALL windows 18 x 24 except one wall, I did verticals, but used a beautiful sheer over the solid verticals again, and the sheers are connected. It's a very expensive treatment at the blind store, but hey, we're sewers!! Again, it let's all the light in, but can be closed when I teach at night if necessary. It actually made the room much brighter and fresher with them. I would go to Home depot and other places that do window treatments to get ideas for your space, then copy them!
sally in Florida