View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam View Post
I've been thinking about this for awhile, making the master bedroom my sewing room. I live alone in a 5-bedroom house. Three of them are very small, like 10'x10', and I use one of those for my sewing room and one for an office. The third is a guest room with just a bed and dresser. The 4th bedroom is a little larger and is where the longarm is. It barely fits in there, have to angle it out from the corner to be able to squeeze around one end of it to get to the back. My master bedroom is 15'x16' and it's the largest room in the house practically. I thought about using the living room (it's not used other than to walk from the front door to the family room) but with the cat I wouldn't be able to keep her off of everything. To tell the truth I usually just sleep on the couch in the family room anyway.

I've even thought of having the two walls between the 3 smaller rooms taken out and put in one wall to make two bigger rooms but don't think I want to put that money into this house. Would it be ridiculous to use the master bedroom for the long arm and sewing tables? I could still keep the fabric organized in the other room and make the 4th one my bedroom.

I know that no one else really has any say in it and I can do whatever I want, it's my house. It just feels a little weird to do that.
When my DH passed away and all four sons were finally settled somewhere else, I set up my longarm in the dining room where it fits just fine and still leaves plenty of room for the DR table which seats eight. Took over the Florida room, 24' x 15'. Plenty of room for my big cutting table and all my machines. I store extra fabric in his empty chest of drawers. Hey, it's my house and I do as I please.