View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
pjinflorida

Hi Everyone,

First let me say thank you very much for the warm welcome to the group. Everyone here is so wonderfully nice and helpful.

I'm really new to quilting. I used to sew clothes for the grand kids and when they got older they weren't into home made clothing. I also used to sew household things like drapes. I stopped sewing about 10 years ago, but I missed it and I've always had a desire to make quilts so when a friend of mine told me about 'rag quilts' I thought perfect that way I get my skills back up and learn some of the cutting techniques, etc.

The first real quilted item I made was a bargello quilt for my dining table. And I must say I was really pleased with it. Every block lined up great. I have sense made a table topper for a friend. Just finished a 59" laptop quilt and have another quilt top ready to go.

I was using my 25 year old Kenmore and just couldn't get the quilt quilted with it. I did a lot research on machines and purchased a pfaff quilt expression 4.0. I love it, it so great. I never knew machines could so much, lol.

I also do a lot cross stitching and machine embroidery.

I shall get my profile filled out shortly, and get some pictures of my quilts.
I am married, 64 years old and live in Florida.

Well I guess I rattled on enough.

A warm welcome to other new quilters and new board members.

Again thank you and God bless
Pam