View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Gramie bj

[QUOTE=athomenow;4893878]I'm so glad this is working out for you. Some of us have tried various things and nothing has worked in that arena. Mom doesn't want to leave the house on two feet and will only go when she's dead. Her words! I've tried assisted living and they had enough after 3 mos and called us to come get her. We have a lady that comes in 30 hours a week to help with food, bathing and meds. It's all I can do for her. I'm ok that something is going to kill her and she is also 87. My dad died 5 yrs ago and if she had gone then she would have been happy. Good luck with your mother. This is a very sweet act on your part and it does take alot out of you. So take care of yourself also.[/QUOTE

My Mom is in the middle of yours and jiljack's I am an only child and she refuses to live with me! She says we would come to blows or hurt feeling within a month. LOL We are a lot alike! She still lives at home, alone, will not have any help come in. I have tryed to bring in more than one person to help her, she will chase them off! LOL I know it's not funny but it is either accept her wishes or cry. I have been able to get the car keys away from her, but she won't sell it, keeps the insurance up, and licence tabs current. She keeps saying maybe someday the Dr. will let her drive again. Dr. was relieved when I told him I had her keys. She won't even move closer to me! She refuses to move into town! I live almost 2 hr.s away from her. It is frightning and frustrating, but that's my Mom and you can't change her mind. the more you argue the more she refuses.