View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Highmtn

Now...you've got my attention.

I was single for a loooong time, and had come to the conclusion to make the master bedroom my sewing room. I have an average size house and very little company. 3 bedrooms...and the largest room was wasted space. I mean...seriously... ya just sleep in there!? If I had a lot of company I'd never consider such a thing due to the lg. bathroom connected to the M-bedroom, but ya know.. I think it's a brilliant idea.

It's your house and your call. One of my friends has a larger home, and she had a guest suite in her home. Her sewing room is a nice sized room, but not studio sized. I mentioned to her one day that she should swap her sewing room and the guest suite. She took my suggestion..and BOY HOWDY...we love it! There's enough room in there for BOTH of us to sew at the same time! The cutting table is lg. and up alll the time too. She doesn't have much company either.. so.. once she took the plunge she loved it!

So... now I have a hubby and the master bedroom is a bedroom again. But.. he's very sick and the m-bedroom is like a nursing home suite now. I've moved into the smaller sewing room and seized the entry hall space in my house. Again..we get ZIP for company, and the entry way was a LARGE OPEN AREA. It may look a little nutty, but the only other option was to move.

I say.. GO FOR IT! Your house... your rules!

Last edited by Highmtn; 01-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.