View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 AM
GreatStarter

Speaking from personal experience-do not let him do what he wants!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was away on a trip and my dh and his friend decided to tear out a wall between two rooms so he and I could share my painting/sewing room and his woodcarving. Think about this- wood dust getting into sewing machines, into wet paint...etc.
I returned home to find out they didn't empty the room, only threw one plastic sheet over the top of my machines, paints, etc. They ruined my serger and sewing machine due to the old horse hair plaster dust that got into the machines. He got these rusted metal cabinets that were thrown out someplace and covered my only available walls with them. They are totally a waste of space and ended up ruining my crafting room. Then when I refused to let him make a center island for me (the way he wanted it) he stopped working on the room. To this day (about 10 yrs later) I rarely can use my craft room. I had to buy new machines, and our marriage is still suffering due to my frustration over now having to lug my machines out into the dining room or living room whenever I want to sew/quilt.
This room must be what you need or redoing it will be a waste. Somehow tell your husband how much you appreciate his sharing his ideas. Many will probably be great, however you want it done so it will be the most useable for YOU!!!! And don't go away when he is working on YOUR room.(my dh tore out the wall as a surprise-imagine how pleased I was to return home to ruined projects and machines)
Good luck and I hope your room turns out great.

Kat

Last edited by GreatStarter; 01-21-2012 at 07:23 AM.