Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 AM
quiltapillow

Default fabric

Well, here I go:: I have seen LQS owners buy fabric on sale at WalMart then sell it higher in their shop. I have found good and bad fabric in all fabric shops, hi and low prices also. But , the chain store does not order 1 bolt of fabric and make a quilt out of it and then display the quilt and not have any of that fabric to sell. If a new quilter sees a quilt and want to make it, there is no option on how to put the colors together, being new, and no one to help coridinate the color schem. Chain store offer patterns and the fabrics to go with the pattern, whereas LQS use the fabric they order and none left but leftovers for the pattern that was seen. I my self have looked for certain fabrics advertized in the Quilting Magazines and could only find maybe one or two in a quilt shop because the owner has taken all the fabric and used it and did not reorder any at all or the manufacturer only made one bolt of each??? Not really sure but it gets to be very discouraging.....then especially for a new quilter. (I have been quilting for 30 yrs.). This is the worst I have seen for suppy.