View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
nhnative

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
I'm so glad this is working out for you. Some of us have tried various things and nothing has worked in that arena. Mom doesn't want to leave the house on two feet and will only go when she's dead. Her words! I've tried assisted living and they had enough after 3 mos and called us to come get her. We have a lady that comes in 30 hours a week to help with food, bathing and meds. It's all I can do for her. I'm ok that something is going to kill her and she is also 87. My dad died 5 yrs ago and if she had gone then she would have been happy. Good luck with your mother. This is a very sweet act on your part and it does take alot out of you. So take care of yourself also.
That is exactly why I moved to Ohio. After my father died she was living alone and I would go there every day after work. She broke 1 leg and the next year she broke her hip. So after that she had to go to a nursing home for the 21 days and didn't get along with any of the patients there. So I had to quit my job, sell her house, sell my condo, and move to Ohio where my son was living. My mother also would have liked to have gone when my father did but I guess that wasn't in the plan. She's almost 90 and doesn't do much. She only likes going out for rides and since I've been here for 5 years I've put 147,000 miles on the car. I guess I can only hope I live that long.