View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Monroe

Someday I will get there! Been to Lancaster many times. How wonderful it would have been to have the PO Booth! A few things to think about for the comfort of others- Please wear your backpack on the front or side. I've been slammed many times by people who turned around quickly, forgetting they had a large backpack. I used to commute by train and this is a common problem. Please don't dart abruptly across someone's path, esp with a wheeled bag. I've suffered for many years with bad knees, and having to suddenly "brake" halfway through a step is excruciating. I now use a wheeled walker so I can sit as needed, and a cane to get into booths. I wear my backpack by 1 strap on the front so I can be as hands free as possible and protect my wallet. Don't forget to pack a small handy emergency kit- water, snack, pain reliever, extra meds, breath mints, batteries or chargers you might need, memory card, "spare" stash of money, etc. Bandaids- If you are stabbed by a staple you can't fondle fabric! Notepad- jot down where you saw something so you can find the booth later, or new friend's phone #, etc. A very good idea is to always carry an emergency card- list of important phone #s, medical problems, current meds, allergies, personal Dr info. Should you have a sudden health problem or accident this could save your life. It's so nice to go to shows with friends or relatives and have a "Show and Tell" of your loot! Have Fun!!!!!