View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
I use a debit card for purchases but the first time I used it at the ATM to save time Well I messed up I only wanted $100 and got $1000 -I no longer have that kind of money-so I had to go in and return the excess and the teller said the only limit is whats left in the ATM machine and the customer has to set up a daily limit for ATM withdrawals
How bizarre. It is exactly the opposite in my area of the country. If you want to withdraw more than $300, you have to go into the branch and arrange it with the bank/credit union, which then makes using the ATM pretty much useless. Might as well just make a withdrawal right there at the counter.

My insurance card does not have my home address printed on it, but my registration from the DMV does, and that HAS been stolen from my vehicle. It's also required by law to be in my vehicle, so I'm not sure how you get around that, unless you hide it somewhere good (and thereby make the police officer who pulled you over verrrry nervous when he asks for your registration).