Thread: Scary Situation
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
MacThayer - I agree with you! I don't bother with anyone coupons that require me to "like them" on Facebook. I am so tired of contests and other things that require you to go through Facebook. With all the bad publicity it is getting, I don't understand why manufacturers using it and other organizations!

Jcrow - I am so sorry about your experience. Thanks so much for the timely warning for all of us.

I have had a Facebook account that I haven't used in over a year. I will be closing it today!
Maybe we need to take a moment when we hear of a discounts from manufacturers, stores etc and to receive that discount they must be 'liked' on a social network site. Letting them know that we don't subscribe to FaceBook and because of that, they are losing a every growing customer base. (meaning people who refuse to use Facebook) The reason they use it is to be able to track sales I surmise.

Unfortunately one of my favorite online quilt shops Missouri Star Quilt is currently running a contest that requires 'liking' on Facebook and various other sites, I just rec'd the email yesterday....to which I ignored because of the 'like' clause....Umm I think I will send an email. It obviously must be a business asset to get people to 'like' them on these social network sites.