View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
yayaquilts

I have to say, it's nice to see some have finished their Orca Bays and some, like me are still sewing along.

I was out of town in Cancun, last week. Had a fabulous time, but did miss quilting! I read Marie Bostwick's book, A Single Thread which has a quilting theme, so I could "quilt" through the characters (good book if you haven't read it!). Returned home and have been doing a lot of laundry, started on our taxes (cuz hubby wants them done--but, have to wait to finish them as gov't extended date for bank statements etc till Feb 28, 2012) and now have to "clean house"--UGH! Hubby thinks I shouldn't sew till all else is done! Boo!

Anyway, I am anxious to get back to my sewing and quilting. I wasn't going to look at the finished Orca Bay top till I had all my pieces from the other parts completed (FESSING UP to still working on the triangles for the large red/purple strings), but, a few excited quilters posted pictures on this thread rather than the picture thread, and alas, I found myself peeking at sue's and lakekids' finishes! GORGEOUS !! love how they look!!