Thread: Best Iron
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Denise S

I have a Rowenta powerglide sew n press. I love it. I bought my first one in 1997 ($40 at Jo-Anns) and had it for 10 years, but it broke when it fell off the ironing board or table or something. (bummer). That was in 2007. Then in shopping for a new iron I saw that they all had the auto shut off, which I hate, especially when sewing, pressing, sewing pressing, etc. I like the iron to stay on and be hot when I go back to it.

So, I found my same Rowenta sew n press on ebay, it was brand new , never used. I think I paid either $30 or $40, Yay! I was very happy to find it. It irons great and it does not have the auto shut off! I am very careful with where I place it so I don't break this one. It is an old model and probably would not be able to replace it again.

This iron is only used for my quilting, and no one else in the house uses it. I have another iron for clothes ironing.

The main feature I would look for is to not have auto shut off. My first iron when i got married was $10 and it lasted 13 years. Back then they did not have auto shut off.