View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Ok - I was able to finish ONE block today. I had to iron and starch my background fabrics (I have 6 yards each of 4 different white on cream prints that I had to sub-cut into workable sizes for the project - these were purchased for "stash" at the bargain price of $2.00/yard in Paducah last year. FINALLY able to use them!!). I also sorted some of my scrap pile into a usable "bunch", then sorted by color and ironed most of it.

I don't have any freezer paper in the house so the circles and hearts were out of the question today. From the remaining blocks I decided on #4 because the first piece of scrap I picked up was 12" long and perfect for those 4.5" by 1.5" rectangles.

So because I only have one block to show for today's effort, I'll show you the front and the back

FYI - this is my first group project and I just found out about it today and joined on a whim. It's also my first "mystery" quilt. And my first "scrappy".

Oops ... need to resize those pic's. Be right back!! OK - that's better!

Sue
What??? All that in one day? You are amazing. All I have done is to collect my fabrics and cut the first blocks.