View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Other than a very good wiping down with sewing machine oil or something like that, she looks in great shape. You do have the knee bar for her, don't you? Is it in the top of the case? There's a place there where it goes, I think, but I don't know just how. If so, can you show a picture of just how it fits in the top of the case? I also have a 1928 99-13 that I got in August. Do we have sisters? Mine is from the allotment of15,000 on Feb 1, 1928. It just had a few bobbins with it, and nothing else. I had to download an instruction book. I'd love to find an original one for it. You are just so lucky in that respect. I'd love to read that little book in front of the attachments that says 'The Perfect....' What a great friend you have to get your 99 and a treadle too! Congratulations!!!
Janis
YES.. the knee bar is there...however I took it out and have no idea how to get it back in there! I know I am super blessed that this one is so intact! I hope the motor is as good! I found the instruction book on ebay last night. Sorta spendy, but really worth it if you want to keep the machine true!
How did you find out the rest of the info on yours? All the singer site said was 1928!
Also what sort of belt does yours have? This had like a round rubber ring, but it is broken. I saw one on ebay that had a FLAT belt!? Not sure what to find for her!
Her wood is also in great shape. Hubby said just a good cleaning is all that needs as well!

I am hoping to play a bit with her tonight, but today is FULL of things to do!