my NEW 1928 Singer 99.13

Old 01-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
That is the most definitive repair manual I have seen. The photos are so helpful. Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I have printed it out in full for future reference. Thank you Jacqui.
Yes, I love that manual too - I have a printed copy and use it - I have referred people to it on here a lot too. There is so much info!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 PM

My 99-13 was inherited from my Grandmother. It's serial number was allotted Nov. 28, 1928-AC434350. The way my knee-bar fits up inside the case--if you look inside at the very top you will see a little latch and to the right (near the accessory box bracket) there is a little U shaped bracket- the part of the knee bar that fits into the machine goes in the U and the bar is held in place by the latch (right under the handle on the inside). Gosh, it took me about 10 times as long to write this as it will to do it! Hope yours is the same so this made sense.

You are really lucky to have the original oil can. I have everything except that. Happy sewing.

Pat
Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM

Yes, before giving her the 'dip' do try sewing machine oil with Qtips and toothpicks. And like Miriams says, watch Muv and Fav's tuts. I did. Gave me lots of confidence and the desire to push up sleeves and love on her. ( I just acquired a 1920 66-1 and she just got her royal treatment completed today using Muv's techniques.) Go easy and and keep at her.

You have a great friend, too. Saw two of those babies today - $65 on one and $110 on the other.

Have fun!

best,
d
Old 01-30-2012, 04:49 PM

I'm so excited.. I didn't know there is a spot for the knee bar.. I have a 1926.. and love her.. She was so well taken care of that I didn't have to do anything to her, but oil her up.. Her book was so nicely taken care of that the person put paper towel in between all the pages..
Enjoy her..
Barri
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
That is the most definitive repair manual I have seen. The photos are so helpful. Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I have printed it out in full for future reference. Thank you Jacqui.
I printed it off, and saved it to a disc...THANK YOU....
Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Yes, before giving her the 'dip' do try sewing machine oil with Qtips and toothpicks. And like Miriams says, watch Muv and Fav's tuts. I did. Gave me lots of confidence and the desire to push up sleeves and love on her. ( I just acquired a 1920 66-1 and she just got her royal treatment completed today using Muv's techniques.) Go easy and and keep at her.

You have a great friend, too. Saw two of those babies today - $65 on one and $110 on the other.

Have fun!

best,
d
MUV sent her videos in Aug when I got my handcrank and my first treadle! LOVE her tutes!
I want to clean this little lady, but I have a very FULL week this week, so chomping at the bit and waiting for that special time...though my DH is also antsy and wants to take her out of her box so he can go and clean that part!
She only needs a wee bit though...she is sooooo well taken care of!

Wait til you hear the story of my friends Grandmother's treadle!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM

Thanks fluffygirl for telling us how to put the knee bar back in the top of the case. I knew that it fits in there, but not just how. I have gotten some of the attachments for it from other places and got more bobbins from Sew-classic.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 AM

Happy for you, Jacqui! Doing the happy dance!

Can't wait to hear the story about the threadle.

Last edited by BarbaraSue; 02-02-2012 at 07:58 AM.