View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
luce321

I am surprised to learn that WalMart does not return goods to the shelves, but destroys them. Just don't understand why they can't give them away, but I suppose that they have their reasons. I can tell you something that Walmart's deli employees do repeatedly. On several occasions when I was having cold cuts sliced, the person will cut one slice and ask you if its ok. I usually say yes, but sometimes I will ask that they cut it a little thinner. Then they will attempt to discard that slice that is too thick and I will tell them to just leave it in, but no, they will throw it away. Other times they will cut too much, more than you asked for, and I will tell them to leave it in. Sometimes they will leave in on the scale and sometimes they will not, they take it off. I know that they probably throw that away too. It makes me sick as I hate waste and think of how many people who are starving in this world. I suppose that may be Walmart's policy because when you think about it, who would want something sliced already.