Thread: folding fabric
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
normasews

Originally Posted by flybreit View Post
I noticed your 'bolts' are two deep on your shelves, which is where I will be. May I ask how you determine what goes in back, and do you have trouble finding what is in the back?

I'm really anxious to organize my stash like this but am nervous knowing I'll have to have two deep bolts.

Thanks for your suggestions!
I've tried to sort my stash by color, except for one of the shelves, it holds some of my favorite collections.

I truly haven't determined what goes in the back, other than if I have a large quantity of one print I would most likely put that mini bolt in the back. I guess I haven't given it much thought, because it's so easy to move the entire first row out of the way. I place a hand on each end and squeeze it like an accordion and out it goes. If I'm just taking a peek I typically just hold it in my hands. If I find something interesting I want to play with I set the whole first row on my cutting table. It's so very easy to move the rows, because there is consistency with the size of the boards.

You'll certainly look at your stash in a different light. When I had my fabric stacked on top of each other, I had smaller cuts of fabric that would get lost in between some of the larger cuts. I never knew it was there until I moved the top fabric and found the small cut right underneath it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by normasews; 01-30-2012 at 10:45 PM.