View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:28 AM
NDQuilts

Originally Posted by victoriaplum View Post
Yippee! My fabric arrived yesterday so I have started! I have done the first four but still have a ways to go to catch up, if only work didn't get in the way...
I have another question. Or a pondering... How is everyone storing/keeping track of the blocks as they go along? I have the printed pages in a plastic pocket file & have started putting the finished blocks in the pocket with each pattern, like so:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307764[/ATTACH]
But this only works for the blocks that are smaller than 8". So if anyone has any good filing systems I'd love to see them!!! I'm thinking by the end of the year there will be lots to keep track of so it's better to start straight away!
Perhaps Ill be the most unorganised. I have my blocks, fabric , patterns ets shoved into a plastic bin. I think that we will be getting instructions every three months to assemble a quarter of the quilt. I'm hoping thats the case. I never contemplated having to dig through a pile to find the correct blocks to set together. Yikes! Perhaps I need to be a bit more deliberate.