View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 AM
NanaCsews2

Here is a comparison chart-Design Wizard vs. EQ7

http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/QDW/QDWcompare.pdf

I checked out Design Wizard before I purchased EQ7. What sold me on EQ7 was the ability to bring in a picture, copy of a quilt block, or create something I could never do with using Excel-(I used that too long). I am working on a quilt that has several different blocks representing Our Country, Patriotism, and the US Army. Not all blocks online were the size I needed. By placing those blocks into EQ7, I was able to create the same block in the size I needed. I downloaded my entire fabric stash (OMG-over 550 different fabrics), but downloaded much less as the fabric selection in EQ7 is extensive, and you can download other complete fabric lines. Everything I had in Excel for this quilt I was able to create in EQ7 and made it look exact and like a real picture of the quilt I wanted, instead of pieced in blocks. I got mine on a good sale at Quilt in a Day-over $50 off. And, I can put it on 2 computers at a time which has been a true time-saver. I only wanted something basic and quicker than using Excel, but so far am very pleased with spending more on EQ7. Plus, I already had 2 different Quilt Design packages that I can use with EQ7, so I can see what the final stitch design on the quilt will be. Looking forward to checking out what some of my fabric will look like as kaleidoscopes and OBW's.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 02-01-2012 at 07:01 AM.