Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Jamiestitcher62

I have the Horizon 7700 and have had it since it came out. Yes there was an issue with the design of the 1/4" foot, but they sent everyone who registered their machine a new one. It has a little notch on the bottom. It has definitely made a world of difference. I haven't had a problem with it since, sewing over the bumps, but sewing over bumps seems to be a little tricky no matter what machine you use.

My best friend works for a sewing machine dealer/repair shop and said by far, Bernina sewing machines are in the shop more than any other brand on the market.

I had the Janome 6600 which also had problems going over bumps, and I agree, the lack of a freearm was a bummer, I traded it in for the 7700 and I also have the Janome 11000SE and I just picked up the new Janome 4120QDC for taking to classes (it weighs 13 pounds).

If quilting is your thing, Bernina machines are notoriously short in the throat area, almost comical when looking at them, the feet are expensive. The 7700's extra throat space has been a godsend to me anyway.

It's a shame that Bernina has a BSR for a machine with such a small throat area. Seems like a waste.

Try them all, but I'm a Janome girl, so take it with a grain of salt.