Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Janis

Pat, Your featherweight is just a little older than Ethel Jane. Her serial numbers are #AG 536064. There are 7845 between ours. Do you realize that there were only 20,000 made that year starting Sept 19, 1945, or at least that's what I found on line where found the serial numbers and the models of machines made. The Faceplate on mine is the silver one, but the presser foot lifter and the stitch regulator are like yours, all black. I have a black bobbin and a foot attachment and a few of the attachments are the black, or have some black on them. On my 1939 Featherweight, the face plate, presser foot lever, the area around the stitch regulator, and the rim of the hand wheel are all silver. I have gotten more of the attachments from a couple of other places that I have mixed in with those that came with my machines too. Did you get a case with her? I got one with mine. I bought her last Oct. from a member of the quilting board who had gotten her from an estate sale. So, I think that I'm the third owner of her. She is my favorite machine.

If you see any 'low shank' foot attachments, they will all fit with the featherweight machines, or at least all that I've found do. Some do have a little taller shank on them than others, but they all worked on my machine. I think that they weren't all standardized early on, as I got some attachments from a Singer 66 from the early 1930's that work with the featherwieghts too.
Janis