View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 AM
jdavis

Default Baby quilt for co-worker

Some of you may remember I was given over 100 yds of fabric on my birthday last September. The fabric came from the stash of a co-worker's mother-in-law, after her death. At the time, I told myself, well, if she (my coworker) ever starts a family, I'll have to make her a quilt! Sure enough, she announced at Christmas time that she is pregnant.
The stash had absolutely zero children's fabrics; but I did my best to use her MIL's fabrics. I found this pattern in a quilt magazine from a few years back. It was designed as a Project Linus pattern. Of all the fabrics in the quilt, only three are my own. All the rest are from MIL's stash. I presented the quilt to my coworker recently, and was surprised to hear she is planning safari animals in the nursery; and she loves the color grey. The main fabric here is covered with elephants, giraffes and zebras, so I guess I did alright pulling that one from my stash. I chose the grey backing from MIL's stash because it goes with the elephants, and I saw no use for it in my future. Several nice coincidences in this project!
The family is especially touched that the quilt is not just from me, but also Grandma.
Attached Thumbnails baby-quilt-priscilla.jpg   baby-quilt-priscilla-3.jpg