Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 AM
DawnFurlong

So exciting to get an older sewing machine up and running! I gotta tell you - I am sold on these older machines. The throat space may not be as large as some of these newer computerized models (talking the machines that have 9 or 11 inches or more) - but the stitch quality can't be beat. And - the throat space is close to 9 inches on many of these (feels larger without the bulky, plastic arms). I determined that I would rather polish up my FMQ skills and work on these machines than feel so stressed about spending $1,000 to $2,000 on these new machines. I read someone's post that indicated that the skill was with the quilter, not the machine. No matter which machine - there's a learning curve, practice is needed.

I know many love these newer machines - and we each find our niche as to what we enjoy working on and also as to what we can afford - so not knocking anyone or saying these are bad machines. They are just - different. I tried out a Sweet 16 at a sewing machine shop - and yes - all of that space was wonderful - and yes - I could so love that machine. Just can't afford her.

Do so love sewing on my 15-91 though! Glad you got your machine up and running and stitching!!