Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
kay carlson

Thank you for the comments on my determination to receive assistance at Walmart. The store serves a niche for many quilters, sewers, crafters, etc.

I must say that some of the personnel who had formerly staffed the department have been reassigned to stock items in the food aisles. The one person who was so kind, friendly, and helpful --- actually bringing in business --- became gravely ill and passed away. We have missed Harry and his wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm. Believe me, I will continue to make suggestions to management in a positive manner. ;-)

You can feel the glorious difference in the high quality fabrics from our local quilt stores, but the drive involved ranges from ten to fifty miles, minimum each way in this neck of the woods. Then, too, sometimes the quilt shops are specializing in specific types of fabric: batiks, Civil war, etc.

Yes, support the independent business person whenever you can if you want to have the services he can provide. This has been a most challenging time econimically. Actually, I feel fortunate that I have some discretionary funds to invest in my hobby and charity work.