View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 AM
CarolinePaj

Default Granny Mary's Quilt

Hi Guys,

I just came here for a bit of a lift, pick me up, sympathy... whatever you want to call it... oh, and a quick bit of advice too!

Granny Mary's Quilt that I finished a few months ago.... and gave to her has gone missing!

I took all the advice I was given and made sure that the label was well and truly sewn on the back... I even machine embroidered her name onto one of the blocks... but it has gone!

I have spoken to the nursing home who have said that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do. When I said that "nothing they can do" is not acceptable they asked me what I thought they should do. I informed them that there are quilters who could make a quilt but would charge them.... but of course this would not be an item made of love and it would not have any sentimental value.

She then suggested that I make Granny Mary another quilt and bill the home for the fabrics, wadding etc. As there are doesn't seem to be any other option, that is what I will do... but there is a real twist here......

Granny Mary has been going down hill healthwise recently.... quite quickly, she barely eats and is now bed ridden... so any quilt I make will have to be done quickly.

What do I do!

Hugs and thanks for listening!