Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 AM
MamaHen

Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
What I mean is just a plain sewing machine with a longer arm able to accommodate large quilts? I realize that there are machines out there like the HQ16 and regular long arm machines and I know that they have those "stretched" machines. But how much trouble would it be to create a machine with just the extra space that just sewed a plain straight stitch that would cost less than $5,000 and up? I know there are plenty of us that can't afford that much and/or don't have the space to accommodate a long arm set up... Is there something out there like this and I just missed it?
I think what Virtualbernie is looking for or wishing that someone made a regular straight stitch sewing machine just like our domestic's without all the bells and whistles that had a harp space of more than the standard 7-11" of space. So think about it, why don't the manufactures make a regular sit down machine that only does straight stitch, that has a harp space from 11" to 16"? How many out there would be willing to buy such a machine? Maybe if there was enough interest (i'm sure there would be) one of them MIGHT actually make something that the consumers really want.
just my thoughts