View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Hummer Lady

Default Happy 102nd Birthday Miss Nancy

Many of you saw my post last fall entitled "Kansas Farmer's Daughter and Miss Nancy." Miss Nancy is a 102 year old Singer Red Eye 66-2 treadle. She was gifted to me by my dear friend, Nancy...a Kansas farmer's daughter and returned home with us in October. In honor of the 102nd anniversary of her allotted date from the Singer Manufacturing Company of January 8, 1910...I refurbished her...inside and out (thanks to Billy's tutorial). The "after" photos were taken on January 8, 2012 - her 102nd Birthday! Although she shows her age a bit, she is stunning, and has a true place of honor in our home...awaiting her first quilting project in Arizona! Her tension is adjusted, and she purrs. Her "robin's egg blue" belt was sold to me by a Mennonite woman at the Country Variety Store in Haven, Kansas on our return home. She says they work much better for her than the traditional belts, as they are easier to get on.

I'm still ISO a front belt guide spring for her. The guide is there, but not the large spring. If any of you have a resource, I'd really appreciate a PM. I found one on E-bay, but it included the belt guide and screw, which are not needed...and the price was $23+ shipping. Another source I found did not have any in stock (pdf attachment of their on-line listing to give you an idea of what I'm looking for).

I'm attaching 2 pdf files of before and after pictures.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Singer Treadle Shifter Spring.pdf (174.2 KB, 408 views)