View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 01:33 AM
GwynR

LOL! My LQS are wonderful. I know what you mean though. A few weeks ago while traveling I visited one in NC. The lady followed me around and commented on everything I looked at. She really went on about the jelly roll quilts. I picked up a jelly roll and she began explaining to me what it was. I said "yes, ma'am, I love making jelly roll quilts" or something to that effect. Didn't deter her. I was with two friends and they were vastly amused. When the woman insisted we go look at a quilt made with a jelly roll I ignored her. My friend went with her though and came back and told me you have got to see this! LOL, she was so egging the employee on at that point, while my other friend sat down and laughed!!! It was quite hilarious. Odd little shop though. Not much fabric and the jelly rolls had only 20 strips in them. The price was great though, so I took a few home. Had to tell her quite firmly at the end that I knew what to do with them. My friend who had been in the store a few times told me she had never seen that employee before. We were all laughing. Anything can be fun when you are with the VIP's in your life!